Does anyone find Google has an excellent sense of humor like I do? Not only because you can always enjoy special doodles from the home page when it’s a holiday, but also because Google has many fun things, like Easter eggs, gags, or hoaxes. Here I sorted out some tricks that I enjoyed.
Before we start to have fun with Google, you need to make sure you can click “ I’m Feeling Lucky” button on the home page to search key words. If the results appear immediately while you are entering words, you need to make a little adjustment: click on the little setting button on the right corner, choose “ search settings”. And then under the “Google Instant predictions” choose “never show Instant results”.
Now you can have a little fun.
1. Type “tilt” in the search bar and see what happen. Your screen is actually going to tilt.
2. Type “ do a barrel roll”. You will see Google do what you want again.
3. Now type “google gravity” and click “I’m feeling lucky”, you will see your Google search screen fall into pieces.
4. If you are crazy about ASCII, type “ascii art” in your search bar (remember to type lower case).
You will see this special logo.
5. You can see Google makes a joke when you search “recursion”.
Google will ask you this:
6. This is one of my favorite Google doodles , go to www.google.com/pacman to have fun with this little game.
7. Google is terrified of Chuck Norris! Enter “find Chuck Norris” in the box and click “I’m Feeling Lucky”. You will see this:
8. You can also find these jokes on Google Translate. When you enter “Deutsch” from Serbian to German. You will find an interesting translation.
There is more interesting stuff with Google Earth, Google Reader , Google Voice and so on. If you are interested, you can search for the top Easter Eggs in each year. I hope these things can make you a little relaxed after your assignments.
I would like to thank Sam for helping with my first blog. He is the best.